- Pasta of choice
- Asparagus – I chose the thinnest asparagus I could find because they tend to be more tender ($3.49 at Trader Joe’s)
- Pancetta cubed – ($2.99 at Trader Joe’s)
- Pesto sauce
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Boil pasta according to package directions, and while it’s boiling rinse the asparagus and cut to small segments. Drain the pasta, and put in separate bowl to cool.
- Heat the pancetta in pan until the oils come out (I love using my well seasoned cast iron pan, but you can use whatever you like) and toss in the asparagus
- Cook and until pancetta begins to brown. Asparagus takes very little time to cook, so this should all take only about 4-5 minutes or so. While that is cooking, mix some pesto sauce into the cooled pasta.
- Once it is all done, toss the asparagus and pancetta into the pasta, and garnish with parmesan cheese.